Dear CHMS Families:
Greetings! We hope you are all well and have been able to find some joy and peace in the midst of these uncertain days as our world is working hard responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and especially those of you who are on the front lines helping to care for the sick and working all essential jobs and those unable to work at non-essential jobs that have closed.
The CHMS Administration has been evaluating the situation constantly and have heard from some of you asking if we plan to re-open. Additionally, we are aware that many of you have older children who are out of school and also in need of childcare. While not mandatory, DHS will allow us to re-open. Therefore, if the need among our student body families is great enough, we will re-open on Monday, March 30th. If CHMS does re-open, we will allow siblings of our currently enrolled students to attend during this time.
While we have been closed our staff has sanitized the entire building and have established the following procedures:
– No Parents will be allowed in the building
– At morning drop-off, a staff member will meet you at the door to take your child’s temperature with a laser thermometer and collect information. Please note, if your child has any of the following, they will not be accepted for care:
o Temperature greater than 100.3 degrees
o If your child has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been in contact with anyone who is/was positive for COVID in the past 14 days
– At end of day Pick-up, staff-member will bring your child to you at the door
– Classrooms and playground equipment will be sanitized each evening after 6pm
– During the work day, all staff members will wash hands every 30 minutes
– Gloves, masks, and foot covers will be available for all staff members
– Teachers and Children must have soft-soled freshly washed shoes for inside wear
– All dishes are run through the High-Temp Sanitizer after each use
– All towels, rags, bedding washed at school will be done so with an anti-bacterial/bleach solution and washed in hot water
– A new, school quality air scrubber has been installed to filter the air in the main building and will be running 24/7.
– A high-quality air cleaner will be running 24/7 in the outside classroom
– We plan to keep groups of children small, 10 children or less per group
Here is what we need from you: Please let us know of your intention of whether or not you will send your child to school by replying to this email as soon as possible and no later than midnight on Thursday, March 26th
If you do plan to send your child(ren) back to school starting next Monday (or anytime during the mandated closure of non-essential businesses), let us know how many enrolled students and siblings from your family you intend to send to CHMS. For those in need of sibling childcare, we will contact you to discuss pricing for this service. A staff member will supervise all elementary age children and will be available to help them with their school assignments.
For those of you who do not opt for your children to return to CHMS for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis only, please let us know. We must continue to charge your account for normal tuition only (NOT child care or lunches). This will make it possible for us to hold your spot AND pay our employees and overhead expenses in order to keep our doors open.
Finally, if for any reason, you have made other arrangements and do not plan to return to CHMS, the 30-day cancellation policy does still apply, so let us know right away.
On Friday, the Administration will evaluate the number of children we expect to attend and will determine if there will be enough available staff to cover the need and/or if it is financially feasible to re-open. We will keep you updated as soon as we make a final decision.
Children’s House Montessori School
4023 Lee Ave
Little Rock, AR 72205
“If houses for our children do not exist, let us build them.” —Dr. Maria Montessori