Parent Teacher Conferences
Reminder: School will be closed to students on Monday, November 11th for Staff Development and Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Teachers will be available for conferences from 8am-9am and from 11am-2pm. Conference sign up sheets are available in your child(s)’ classroom(s). If you are not able to sign up in the classroom today, please call me and I can help get an appointment on the schedule for you.
If you are not able to attend on Monday, we highly encourage you to schedule a conference for another day – please discuss with the teacher directly to do so.
We look forward to seeing you on Monday!
Spaghetti Dinner Flyer 2019
The Staff here at Children’s House will be cooking up a homemade Spaghetti dinner on Tuesday November 12th. We will make this available to you in the form of to-go boxes ready at pick-up time for you and your family. See attached flyer for all the details.
To reserve your dinner, call or email your order OR complete the sign-up sheet in your child’s classroom. All orders are due by 8:30AM Tuesday, November 12th. Payment is due at time of pick-up. Cash or Check ONLY.
Place your order today and check one more item off your Tuesday night to do list!
Health Reminder from Children’s House Montessori School
Please check your children and follow the Children’s House health policies as follows:
For the protection of all children in our care, a child should be kept at home (AND WE WILL NOT ACCEPT HIM/HER FOR SCHOOL) if the following symptoms are displayed:
elevated temperature vomiting diarrhea
stomach ache skin rash impetigo
sore throat earache/discharge red/discharging eyes/pink-eye
ring worm (tinea corpus) pinworm head lice/nits
Children excluded from school because of suspicion of disease, or actual disease, requiring isolation, may be re-admitted when a physician certifies that they are no longer suffering from such a disease. Some diseases need to be reported to DHHS. These include, but are not restricted to, Hepatitis A, B, Measles & Rubella, Whooping Cough, Meningitis, Shigellosis, TB, Mumps.
Communicable Diseases & Symptoms that exclude a child from school/child care:
Chicken Pox German Measles Hib Scabies
Mumps Measles Meningococcus
Strep Throat TB Whooping Cough
Giardia Hepatitis A Salmonella
Shigella Impetigo Lice
Children’s House Staff
- American Pie Pizza: (10912 Colonel Glenn Road, 4830 N. Hills Blvd, North Little Rock, 9709 Maumelle Blvd, Maumelle) Always picked amongst the best pizza in town. On Monday nights, kids 10 & under eat free with paying adult.
- Boston’s Gourmet Pizza: (3201 Bankhead Road) Kids under 12 eat free on Saturdays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- CiCi’s Pizza: (2815 Lakewood Village, North Little Rock) Kids under 3 eat free every day
- Larry’s Pizza: (12911 Cantrell Road, Suite 21) Larry’s has a strong following in Little Rock. They have a nice buffet. Kids under 4 eat free at Larry’s every day.
- Pizza Hut: (11401 Markham Street) On Tuesdays from 5-8 p.m. kids under 12 eat free with the purchase of an adult meal. Dine-in only. This applies to some other locations around the state too, but call to confirm.
- El Porton: (5021 Warden Road, North Little Rock) Kids under 12 eat free on Saturdays. The Little Rock location does not participate.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: (12312 Chenal Parkway and all other locations) From 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Thursdays, kids under 12 eat free with an adult meal purchase.
- Ta Molly’s: (206 W. Commerce St, Bryant) From 5-9 p.m. on Mondays, kids under 12 eat free with the purchase of an adult meal.
Sandwiches and Fast Food
- Captain D’s: All Captain D’s locations offer a free under 12 kid’s meal on Thursdays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Chick-Fil-A: The North Little Rock Chick-Fil-A offers a free under 12 kid’s meal on the first and third Monday of the month.
- Firehouse Subs: All firehouse sub locations offer a free under 12 kid’s meal on Wednesday with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe: All Tropical Smoothie locations offer a free under 12 kid’s meal on Sundays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Zaxby’s: Every day from 5 p.m. to close, all Zaxby’s locations offer a free meal for kids under 12 with an adult meal purchase.
American Food and Buffets
- Beef O’Brady’s: (115 Audubon Drive, Maumelle) – Beef O’Brady’s has a game room and offers free meals to kids under 12 on Tuesdays from 4 p.m. until close. They serve pub type food (burgers, ribs, chicken strips, etc.).
- Corky’s BBQ: (12005 Westhaven Dr) On Sundays only, kids under 12 eat for half-off (Kids Menu items only), with the purchase of an adult entree. The offer is valid for dine-in only at Corkys Little Rock and North Little Rock.
- Denny’s: Denny’s is the old standby for kids to eat free. From 4-10 every day, kids under 10 eat free at all Denny’s locations.
- Golden Corral: (5001 Warden Road, North Little Rock) This popular buffet restaurant offers free meals to kids under 3 every day.
- Lonestar Steakhouse: (10901 Rodney Parham) Lonestar offers free meals to kids under 12 on Tuesdays from 4 p.m. until close.
- Shorty Small’s: (1100 N. Rodney Parham Road) Shorty Small’s is a fun little place for BBQ, burgers and other grill type food. Kids under 12 eat free on Mondays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Western Sizzlin': (1916 Congo Road, Benton) From 4 to close, kids under 10 eat free at this steakhouse/buffet.
- Whole Foods: (10700 N. Rodney Parham Road) Wednesdays from 5 to close, you can get a free kids entree with the purchase of an adult entree. Your child must be present.
Fun, Not Free, Restaurants
- Chuck E. Cheese: (10901 Rodney Parham & 4120 Landers Rd.) Pizza, fun characters, and an arcade.
- Purple Cow: (8026 Cantrell Road) The Purple Cow is well known for their milkshakes and soda fountain. The food is your average diner menu: burgers, fries, sandwiches and salads, so nothing fancy but it does have a fun, family atmosphere with an old-fashioned soda fountain/diner theme.
- All Aboard: (6813 Cantrell Road) This restaurant has an elaborate system of model trains that deliver your meal. Really. You have to see it to the believe it. They server burgers and fries, salads, and a few other items. Kids love this place because of the trains.